Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Name change?

No, not me! I was thinking about how it is a shame that I would like to spread the word about how good health can be achieved through what you eat, but to do so inevitably boils down to lots of posts about chronic diseases and how to avoid them. It would be nice to focus on the positives - I'll share more about my personal experience of transitioning to a whole-foods plant based diet some time soon, but for now, I got to wondering about this whole chronic thing.

chron·ic  adj.
1. Of long duration; continuing (from The Free Dictionary)

So, instead of chronic diseases, wouldn't it be great to talk about chronic health? Or chronic wellness? I think maybe the word 'chronic' still has negative connotations - what about persistent - persistent health, persistent wellness?..

Back to the name change - when I started this blog, of course the first thing I needed to do was come up with a name. Nothing that wasn't already taken sprang quickly to mind, but I'd come across the term 'Veganista' somewhere, and the next thing you know, I've set up as 'VeganMista' and started on the first post. But, maybe I should change to a catchier name? In case you have an opinion, I have made a poll where you can vote, just to the top right of the blog - let me know what you think and feel free to make other suggestions in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment